New South Carolina resource for breastfeeding parents
Milk Monday is back this week with an exciting announcement: the state of South Carolina has officially joined ZipMilk.org and the website is live!
What is ZipMilk & how do you use it?
ZipMilk is a collection of lactation resources organized by zip code. A parent that is in need of breastfeeding support just needs to go to the website and type in their zip code to access contact information for local IBCLCs, breastfeeding counselors and educators, free community breastfeeding support counselors, medical professionals, support groups, and WIC coordinators. Alternately, a search can be done by state by clicking the "Search by State" link underneath the main search bar.
Directions for joining ZipMilk as a provider
If you are a provider in South Carolina (or any of the participating states), you call follow the below steps to add yourself as a provider.
- Go to www.zipmilk.org
- Click the “Submit a Listing” link located below the search bar
- Select South Carolina (or your appropriate state) from the drop down menu & click create a provider
- Choose the most appropriate provider type from the drop down menu
- You can submit multiple listings if you would like the contact information of multiple individuals or multiple groups that you oversee to be on the website
- Fill out the information for your group/individual
- REQUIRED: contact email, city, and zip code
- PREFERRED: Practice OR contact individual name, phone number
- You will receive an email to the provided email address that has an email verification link – you need to verify your email address before your listing will be approved
I am the ZipMilk Administrator for the state of South Carolina, so if you need help you can email me (firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com) with your questions OR you can find me on Facebook and send me a message.